Webinar: Successful Virtual Meetings and Interviews for the AEC Industry
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 (10:30 AM - 12:00 PM) (EDT)
Successful Virtual Meetings and Interviews for the AEC Industry
Presenter by: Scott Johnston, Johnston Training Group
Tuesday, July 21, 10:30 am to 12:00pm EDT
Facilitated via Zoom
Set yourself and your team of engineers or other technical professionals up for productive one-on-one meetings and seamless team-to-client interviews. Participants will learn how to interact effectively, convey complex concepts persuasively, and keep the audience engaged while using virtual meeting tools. Topics include how to:
- Conduct a test run before the virtual meeting or interview.
- Adapt to the client’s virtual meeting program.
- Build and share an agenda to keep the participants focused.
- Use proper lighting to avoid an unflattering appearance.
- Ensure your audio input and output are at the correct levels.
- Deal with technical difficulties and other interruptions.
- Use a background that doesn’t distract.
- Avoid awkward moments that can derail virtual meetings or interviews.
- Designate a team leader to manage interaction through messaging.
- Differentiate your team from other engineering firms.
- Use eye connection through the camera to build trust.
- Demonstrate that you are a seamless team, even virtually.
- Maintain positive body language when sitting in front of a computer.
- Present visuals that support your content effectively.
This 90-minute virtual workshop will include a discussion of the pros and cons of online meeting tools such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and more. Participants will complete a short survey after they register to ensure the content is focused on what is most important to the group.
More about Scott:
Scott Johnston leads the Johnston Training Group programs that enable technical professionals to present powerfully, write purposefully, and facilitate seamlessly. In addition, he leads the JTG Selection Panel research, conducting in-person interviews with selection panel members from numerous public and private organizations. As a principal at JTG, he has helped A/E/C firms at every stage of the process differentiate themselves and win more work—from early proposal creation to the final project interview. Scott has spoken at the Society for Marketing Professional Services, American Council of Engineering Companies, and American Institute of Architects events.
Registration: ACEC Virginia Members: $50, Prospective Members: $75